Sunday, January 27, 2008
10 Commandments to Stay Happy
Psalm 146:5 tells us that happiness comes to those who find their help and hope in God. To be able to have a foundation for happiness Richard de Haan shares his list:
1. Give something away.
2. Do kindness.
3. Give thanks always.
4. Work with vim and vigor.
5. Visit the elderly and learn from their experience.
6. Look intently into the face of a baby and marvel.
7. Laugh often - its life's lubricant.
8. Pray to know God's way.
9. Plan as though you will live forever - you will.
10. Live as though today is your last day on earth.
In reality, this is a tall order. Doing all 10 is impossible! Well, you can choose and do two things. No. 2 is manifested in #1, 3, 5. No. 7 can be manifested in 4, 7, 9, 10. It's just like summarizing the 10 Commandments of God into two: 1) Love God above all, 2) Love your neighbors as you love yourself.